Last Updated: January 23, 2023
- Subject to any applicable law restrictions, Company may invite you to share your email address with us for sales and marketing purposes. You may be invited to do this in the Game, related websites etc. as well as third party ad networks. By opting in to receive these emails on our website or from our ad partners, you are giving your consent to receive these types of sales and marketing emails, as well as us storing Personal Data related to such emails and related material in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Use of information – Purpose and legal basis. Company and/or the Third Party Accounts may use information about you for the following purposes in accordance with applicable laws:
(b) Information which may be provided or is collected from you in or in relation to the Game and information from other sources. Information may be provided by you or collected in or in relation to the Game and/or collected from other sources in order to:
- provide, operate, improve and maintain the Game, game experience and services, your account(s);
- personalize the Game, content, loyalty programs and related services to you;
- rank your scores and achievements in the Game against the scores and achievements of other players;
- send technical notices, updates, security alerts,
- for support and troubleshooting reasons;
- send support and administrative messages
- provide news and information about the Game and/or about our games and products;
- facilitate sharing on social networks;
- provide children reasonable contextual advertisements in the Game accordance with permissible laws;
- identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors, provide software updates etc;
- resolve disputes, investigate and help curb fraud and illegal behavior, comply with the law, and to enforce our agreements and policies;
- survey end users opinions about the game and related matters through surveys or questionnaires;
- communication reasons related to the Game and related matters;
- to comply with applicable laws or respond to legal process (like requests from law enforcement or other public or government authorities);
- manage the Game and send you confirmations and important information about your account, products, purchases, subscriptions, and warranties;
- present offers and/or information relating to the Games and other games that you might like;
- make recommendations to you; and
- Storage & Protection of Personal Data. The Company does not directly collect or store any Personal Data as all such Personal Data is collected and stored in the applicable Third Party Accounts. For avoidance of doubt, to the extent that Company may receive and store any such Personal Data Company agrees that it shall (i) not keep the Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of permitted uses disclosed hereunder, unless further storage is required in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to comply with applicable law, including accounting rules; (ii) Store, process and use the Personal Data for the sole purpose of performing the services applicable under the Game’s EULA Agreement with end users; and (iii) Ensure that their employees and employees of their affiliates and subcontractors involved in the performance of the Agreement comply with the provisions of this agreement (iv) Implement all reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, communication or access, (v) Where applicable report to you, upon its occurrence, any unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification or destruction of your Personal Data, and (vi) refrain from collecting, using or Processing Personal Data in any jurisdiction, unless prior to the transfer we have ensured that an adequate level of protection of the Personal Data has been implemented in accordance with the terms and conditions stated herein. Personal Data shall be deleted or anonymized as soon as it no longer serves one of the above mentioned purposes and in any event no later than three (3) years after your interaction with us has ended. Company has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the personally identifiable information it collects (if any) is secure and we have taken reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Personal Data collected from our Game’s End Users as may be applicable. To the extent Company collects any Personal Data, such Personal Data shall be stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized employees and contractors, using security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, there is no such thing as perfect security. As a result, although we strive to protect personally identifying information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us through or in connection with the Game, that we store on our systems or that is stored on our service providers' systems pursuant to their applicable Third Party Accounts. Please note that such Third Party Accounts may provide links to other games, platforms, products and websites that are operated and hosted by third parties who may have their own information collection practices. Those other games, products, platforms and websites are governed by their own privacy policies, which may be substantially different from Company’ policies. Any improper collection or misuse of any User Content or information provided in the Game is a violation of the Game’s EULA Agreement and should be reported to Company.
- Payment information. In order to access the Game, which includes all game functions, levels, content and features etc. you will be required to pay certain fees via the Third Party Account. When purchasing your license to access and use the Game you may be asked by the platform/service providers to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as full name, billing address, email address, phone number and credit card number/expiration date etc. Please note that you must be the age of 18 or older to purchase a license for access and use of the Game, however children over thirteen but under eighteen may access and play the game under the supervision of a legal guardian. Once End Users have successfully entered valid credit card information etc. and completed the order process, a purchasing account will be created and maintained for them. The platform/service providers will use the information provided to process the End User’s order and to send order confirmations via email, as well as to make future purchases easier for the End User. Company does not sell, transfer or share customer information with third parties, except where applicable the information is transferred, disclosed and shared with its third-party agent(s) who uses the information solely to handle and deliver certain online activities necessary to operate Company’ business (e.g. processing orders and payments).
- User Access and rights with respect to Collected Information. You may request access to review any processed Personal Data which may be collected by Company as applicable. This includes confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data is in fact being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information: (a) the purposes of the processing; (b) the categories of Personal Data concerned; (c) the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations; (d) where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; (e) the existence of the right to request from Company rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; (f) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; (g) where the Personal Data are not collected from you, any available information as to the source; (g) the existence of automated decision-making, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject as may be applicable. You may request a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. Where you make the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested by you, the information shall be provided in a commonly used electronic form. The right to obtain a copy shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. Please note that the access may be restricted due to intellectual property rights or trade secrets. You have the right to object to the Personal Data processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In this case, we will cease the processing unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes at any time. We will cease the processing of your Personal Data for this purpose after the objection. Please note that if you exercise this right, your user license to use the Game and related services may cease automatically. You have the right to have inaccurate Personal Data rectified, in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR. You have the right to have your Personal Data erased where one of the following grounds applies: (a) The Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (b) if you have withdrawn your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing; (c) if you have objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; (d) the Personal Data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation pursuant to any applicable law; (e) the Personal Data has been unlawfully processed. Please note that your right to erasure may be limited if the data are necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If we have asked for your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may at any time opt out of and/or unsubscribe from emails from Company and our service providers, or withdraw consent to Personal Data storage, either via the unsubscribe link included in the emails, or by emailing Company at the contact provided below. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease processing of the Personal Data for which you have withdrawn consent, unless we have a legal obligation to keep some or parts of your data. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, your right to play the Game and related services may cease automatically. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Changing or Removing Account Information. Access and control over most Personal Data in the Game is readily available through the profile editing tools on your Third Party Account with the applicable platform/service provider that you are accessing the game through. End Users may modify or delete any or all of their profile information at any time by logging into their accounts. Information will be updated as soon as possible. End Users who wish to deactivate their Game profile may do so in their Third Party Accounts with the applicable platform/service provider that you are accessing the game through. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to other End Users or visitors of the Game. You cannot however remove communications made in any communication features in the Game, which might have been shared with other End Users (for example sending personal messages to another End Users). Company has no control or responsibility over account information registered and administered through a third party platform/service provider.
Descent VR Productions Inc.
380 Adelaide Street West, suite 300
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5V 1R7
Privacy Officer Email: email@example.com